Book a luxury Tanzania holiday and you'll be setting off to visit this amazing country which is probably best known as the home of Mount Kilimanjaro and for its coffee plantations.
The capital city of Dar es Salaam is the second largest port town in East Africa and is famous for its markets. Arusha is the country’s northern capital and is a popular jumping-off point for those on safari. Mwanza is a picturesque coastal city and a great place to begin or end your safari, with good proximity to the Serengeti and Ngorongoro and Rubondo National Park. Where will you explore on your holidays to Tanzania?
Top 10 best things about Tanzania
- Visit the beautiful island of Zanzibar! It’s white sand beaches and turquoise seas are a thing of natural beauty.
- Stand beneath the behemoth Mount Kilimanjaro, Africa’s tallest mountain
- Experience authentic and traditional African life! Explore the tribal life of The Maasai People.
- Walk in ‘Africa’s Garden of Eden’ at the Ngorongoro Crater, an amazing 12-mile radius nature reserve. The Ngorongoro Crater was caused by a volcanic eruption.
- Tanzanian dishes host a blend of traditional African food, with a heavy Indian and Arabic influence, especially along the seafront and in Zanzibar.
- Outstanding Accommodation Choices! Luxury safari experiences, camping in national safari parks and for those honeymooners, Zanzibar offers an abundance of hideaway resorts.
- The remote Mahale Mountains National Park is found in the very West of Tanzania and on the coast of Lake Tanganyika. Chimpanzee treks are the biggest attraction here and seeing them in their natural habitat is an exceptionally beautiful experience.
- The Stone Town! The Zanzibar capital is a city stuck in history. A true fusion of Asian, European, Arabic, and African cultures.
Stone Town's intricate alleys, gigantic spires, and historic sites make it a living, breathing museum.
- The Wildebeest Migration is something that needs to be seen to be believed. A migration of more than one million animals, this annual procession of wildebeest and zebras from the southern Serengeti into Kenya's Masai Mara draws visitors from all over the world
- The Western and Southern Safari Parks! Southern and western Tanzania are very often overlooked by travellers intent on visiting the more better known Safari’s of the north, yet these regions are highly regarded among serious safari-goers.
So what are you waiting for? Contact our travel experts and book your holiday to Tanzania today.